In case, you are wondering,
- 1 What the hell is Content Writing?
- 2 So How To Create Powerful Content?
- 3 How Do You Adopt The Right Tone For Your Content?
- 4 How Do You Differeciate Between High Quality And Low Quality Content?
- 5 In case you are STILL wondering what is USER INTENT?
- 6 Why Optimize our Content for Search Engines?
- 7 How To Write Seo Friendly Content?
What the hell is Content Writing?
Let me assure you, you are at the right place!
Many newbies feel frustrated when they first set out to learn content writing. and ask the same question.
They move from one definition to another, from one website to another, still they have a hard time understanding what content writing is al about!
So, today, my friend let me make it eaiser for you!
So, before I talk about what is content writing, let us first understand what is content.
Now, What is Content?
According to yourdictionary.com,
“Content is defined as what is inside or included in something. An example of content is beans inside of a jar. An example of content is the words inside a book.”
So the first thing to understand here is if our content is powerful, then we have better chances to write well, (and possibly rank well, too).
Content can be in different formats, it may include the fllowing,
- Video scripts
- Case Studies
- Web copies
- Landing pages
- White papers
- News articles
- Social media posts
Anything and everything that exists on the internet or even outside the internet in any of the above form to provide you information is called CONTENT!
Phew! Are we on the same page now?
The content is the main theme or an idea behind anything you create.
If the content (main idea) is bogus, then it won’t be effective and give you results, so content has to be powerful, and that’s what most content lack.
So How To Create Powerful Content?
- We select a niche (the particular domain we want to create our content in).
- We learn about our goals (how do we go about money out of this niche).
- We design our content in a way that it brings us business.
- We learn who our targeted audience is.
- We learn their needs.
- We research the geographical region they come from (the country they belong to).
- We learn their age group (they might be in teens or early 30’s).
- We learn about their interests. (their hobbies).
And ta-da! We are ready to create powerful content (one that has a solution to their problem).
And in case, you are wondering, why we can’t create content that’s for everyone.
So, here are my 2 cents, do you like the same movies I like? Do you like buying the same shoes I do? Do like going to the same restaurants I eat at?, We all have different interests.
Similarly, One niche might interest one person, and doesn’t interest the other.
How Do You Adopt The Right Tone For Your Content?
The purpose of your content will decide the tone for your blog,
- For e.g., if you are writing an article for affiliate marketing, you know the purpose of writing content here is to get sales, hence you will adopt PERSUAIVE WRITING tone here.
- If you are writing content for adsense, you know the purpose of the article is to educate readers. You need to adopt an ENGAGING tone.
- If you are writing content for any services website (called web content writing) your tone should be convincing or persuasive enough to compel readers to take a required action (it can be signing up a subscription form or sign up for DEMO services). You adopt COPYWRITING here.
How Do You Differeciate Between High Quality And Low Quality Content?
Any form of content that compel readers to take an intended action or satisfy user intent comes under the category of HIGH Quality content.
For e.g., if you have written a great article but that fails to convert or fails to satisfy user intent is LOW QUALITY.
Similarly any content that is,
- Not relevant to the topic (filled with fluff)
- Doesn’t answer the right questions,
- Written in a complex language (that’s not easy for a layman to understand) f
- Doesn’t answer the user query
Falls under the category of low quality content.
In case you are STILL wondering what is USER INTENT?
User intent tells us what a user is looking for when conducting a search query via a search engine.
User intent takes into consideration the keywords used in search queries, but goes beyond them, trying to understand the context and the intention behind those words.
Now, there are 3 tyes of user intent
- Informational: when the user is looking for information via keyword.
- Navigational: when the user is trying to find a certain website.
- Transactional: when the search query shows us that the user’s intention is to purchase a product or perform a different type of transaction.
Now that brings us to the next part of our question.
How do we write content that’s easily found by our targeted audience?
We simply Opitmize our content for search engines by writing SEO FRIEDLY content!
Why Optimize our Content for Search Engines?
When we optimize our content for search engines, it makes it easier for search engines to understand what our content is all about, and send visitors to our website.
Since, search engines are not HUMANS, they follow a certain procedure to gauge what our content is all about. That’s when it becomes necessary to work on the On Page SEO of your post
How To Write Seo Friendly Content?
To know these tips, stay wilth me till the end of the post!
1. Don’t Stuff Your Keyword Everywhere
So the No 1 tip I have for you is don’t stuff your keyword just everywhere in your content, rather focus on creating natural flow.
There are two ways to add your keyword.
- Just write your content naturally and add your keywords later on. This won’t break the natural flow of your content and it would appear more engaging.
- Or add your keyword where they fit perfectly.
Also Check out How to Write Well When English Isn’t Your Native Language
2. Use LSI Keywords
The second tip I have for you is instead of repeating your main keyword, sprinkle your content with LSI keywords. LSI keywords are those terms and phrases that people type in the search bar that are related to your targeted topic.
Just go to Google and scroll at the bottom of the page, and TADA, you will find all the LSI keywords here.
3. Write Relevant Content
The third tip I have for you is write highly relevant content. When you write highly relative content, you automatically rank for many organic keywords that people search for when searching for your targeted topic! Just focus on addressing the needs of your readers.
4. Go In-depth
Whatever topic and keyword you decide to go for, make sure you go in-depth. Answer every question you can find related to the topic. Go to every public forum such as Quora, Reddit, Yahoo answers and Facebook groups, and see what people are looking for. Answer their concerns. If there is not much content on the same question, chances are, you will get some decent views, and you can even drop your link to answer their questions.
5. Answer Questions on the Section “People Also Ask” Questions
Also add “People Also Ask” Question from Google search and answer them under your content.
6. Write More Content than Your Competitors
Now another important ranking tip I have for you to rank fast on google is to write long posts!
Now by writing long posts I don’t mean that you just add irrelevant content or fluff.
What you can do is…Share different case studies, use every day examples, Infographics, quotes, different researches on the topic, basically, just anything and everything that covers your related topic.
When you write lengthy, and in-depth content on a keyword and do more than what your competitors are doing, google gets an impression that this piece of content is more informative and tends to rank it high in the search engine.
Also, if a user spends more time on your website due to the in-depth information presented on your site, this too will get your site ranked high, as google is all about user experience.
In easy words, If user is happy, google is happy.
6.Use Proper Html Tags
Another most important factor that we often overlook are proper HtmlTags.
What are html tags? They are headings on your WordPress site such heading 1, heading 2.
Headings help users as well as search engines better understand your text. But to do so, you need to write them in correct format. According to Yoast, they act as signposts for the readers and make it easier for people to understand what a post or page is about.
Your title should always have an H1 tag that it deserves, and if you are using WordPress, its by default.
All your headings goes under H2.
Subheadings under H2 goes under H3
And H4 if your article is super long or on a more technical topic
7. Keep the Titles Short and Sweet
Who has time to read long titles? Definitely not me! Just keep them engaging, short and sweet and same goes for your post’s permalink! This is another ranking factor on google..
8. Titles, Meta Description and Intros
Now there might be many people who are interested in your topic.
But if your title and intro are plain boring, chances are they are going to skimp through your content and check out other websites with far more interesting content than yours.
So, pay special attention to your titles, Meta description and your intro!
9. Keep Your Content Engaging, Don’t Be afraid to add Humor
Adding a humor will turn any boring topic into an interesting one.
You can add memes, share a joke or share any relevant video!
10 . Keep the Paragraphs Short
Now we all know google loves websites with great user experience, so, to make sure that users actually spend some time reading your content
Use small paragraphs, most preferably one idea per line
11.Use Lots and Lots of Subheadings
Another most important tip I have for you is to break your content into small chunks and use lots and lots of subheadings!
Don’t just focus on writing your primary keyword, also make use of synonyms which are called your secondary keywords, for eg, if your main keyword is sneakers, you should also use running shoes, and joggers within your content. When you
This will help google better understand what your blog post is all about.
13. Use Simple Language
The language you use in your blog post should be simple, don’t use fancy vocabulary, flowery language and a lot of idioms. Keep it just simple so that more and more people are able to understand your content, most importantly stay on your website and share it with others too.
With that we have come to the end of the post! Now I would like to know which of the shared tips you are already practicing writing your content, comment below and let me know!
Keep smiling, take good care of yourselves, and I’ll come back later with another awesome blog post for you.
PS: Don’t forget to comment and let me know how you found this post!